What is it like to work with me?
In the words of my clients
I have an ability to get out of spiral thoughts and focus on creative work longer. I chose to work with Oliver because he provides transparent and communicative structures. He also makes the session enjoyable and informative at the same time.
I wanted to stop smoking, especially when drinking or stressed. I did not have high expectations but wanted to try it. It was a gradual process but I am more convinced then ever that smoking is not part of me anymore. Oliver was very nice, calm and made me feel comfortable. It is a good tool to break final barriers of something which you want to stop doing.
The hypnotherapy sessions were amazing! Like many language learners out there, I also had an immense fear of speaking the languages I'm learning. It was only after these sessions I had with Oliver, I began to gain more confidence and started to find pleasure just speaking! Oliver also taught my several self-hypnosis techniques that I can use whenever I need to. Thank you very much for this wonderful experience!
Oliver M. James
Director of Boost Hypnosis and Hypnotist
My role is one of a guide and teacher. To get the most from the work we to together, you need to be willing to collaborate. Just like hiring a personal trainer at the gym, the results happen as a result of the guidance and joint effort, before, during and after the work we do.
Before I work with you, we will do an initial consultation to ensure that we are the right match to work together. This call is important because it will help you understand how we will work on the issue. I select carefully who I work with and in the case where I do not think I can help you, I will try my best offer up alternative ideas and colleagues better suited to you.
I have a rich background in hypnosis and I often use it as a teaching tool to help you learn, and importantly take back control and get the results you want. I will often teach you how to hypnotize yourself (self-hypnosis), as well as very effective mind-body techniques for taking back control.
I blend together different styles of working including:
- direct and ericksonian hypnosis
- neuro-linguistic programming (NLP)
- emotional freedom techniques (EFT)
- practical tasks to do as homework
- guided visualisations
I have been hypnotizing people since age 15, initially more as entertainment. Later I followed my passion to do professional training over several years and have been in business since 2020.
I have worked a with wide variety of clients of all ages, for all kinds of issues including:
- fear of public speaking
- fear of flying
- foreign language learning
- irrational fears
- smoking and vaping
- nail biting
- creativity and mental blocks
- performance anxiety
- Architecture of Hypnosis - Mike Mandel Hypnosis Academy, Toronto, Canada
- Neo Ericksonian Hypnosis - Mike Mandel Hypnosis Academy, Toronto, Canada
- Hypnotherapy Masterclass - The Swan, Bob Burns - UK
- NLP Essentials - Mike Mandel Hypnosis Academy, Toronto, Canada
- Foundations in Hypnotherapy - Hypnosis Motivation Institute, Los Angeles, California
- History of Hypnosis - Hypnosis Motivation Institute, Los Angeles, CaliforniaPlus specialist training in:
Specialist training in:
- Smoking cessation
- Fears and phobias
Prior to starting Boost Hypnosis, I have a marketing and business background in the non-profit, bio-tech and software sectors.
I am originally from the UK and speak 4 languages including: English, French, Dutch and German.
I love talking about hypnosis and have been invited to talk for various groups and podcasts.
- The Language Show 2022 - Hypnosis for Langauge Learning
- Expat Career and Lifestyle Podcast
- The Fact That - Podcast
- Rotary Club - Brussels
- Imagination Club - Brussels
Let's talk, and work out the best options for you